For all international students who are interested in engineering, Hellouni recommends studying engineering and computing at the University of the West of Scotland. Do you want to know why? Here are some facts about the UWS, their engineering and computing course and much more.
The University of the West of Scotland is one of the leading players in computing and IT
This University’s School of Engineering and Computing is building a relationship between education, research, and practice. Here, students and academics provide value to society and organizations. UWS is a 21st-century learning organization developed to create the workforce of the future.
The rewards of UWS speak for themselves
It is hard to count how many rewards this university gained over the years. Most recent of them include being:
- Top in Scotland for student satisfaction in Aeronautical and Manufacturing, Chemical, Civil and General Engineering. Source: Complete University Guide 2018.
- Number one in Scotland for student experience in the Computer Science category. Source: Times Good University Guide 2017.
- Top in the UK for overall student satisfaction in Civil Engineering, Engineering Management and Physics. Source: National Student Survey 2017.
- Top in the UK for aerospace & manufacturing engineering for teaching quality and student experience. Source: The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Second in the UK in physics for teaching quality and student experience. Source: The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Second in the UK for civil engineering and general engineering for teaching quality. Source: The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
Nevertheless, graduates of engineering and computing at the University of the West of Scotland have gone on to work with major companies such as IBM, Hewlett Packard Enterprises, BAE Systems, CERN, Fujitsu, Logica, Motorola, Nikon Europe, etc.
The University of the West of Scotland student experience is excellent
It is always a good idea to check the feedback from students. Therefore, it is worth to mention that the 94% of students from the School of Engineering & Computing would recommend UWS to others. Nevertheless, 97% of students from the School of Engineering & Computing agreed that staff is good at explaining things.
Moreover, here students are benefiting from a vibrant and immersive student community as well as on-campus secured accommodation with individual rooms, WIFI, and ensuite bathroom.
International students of the University of the West of Scotland
In terms of international students, UWS is providing pre-sessional English Language and regular academic support. Nevertheless, UWS main campus is 5 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and 10 minutes from Glasgow City Centre by train. To your trip, you can also include free airport pick-up upon arrival and a warm welcome to the University
For 2018/2019 academic year, University of West Scotland partner students will receive the following:
• Anniversary Scholarships of £1,500
• Dean’s Scholarship (Engineering and Computing) of £1,000
For subsequent years of study, Dean’s Scholarship, for students who progress, of up to £2,000 per year
Do you want to learn more about studying engineering and computing at the University of the West of Scotland?
You can even contact one of the Hellouni ambassadors Dr. David Ndzi and send him a message with your questions and concerns about studying in the University of the West of Scotland!